To pay dues, Click on the member area tab to the right.
Welcome to the New AAVPT Website!
We are pleased to announce that the AAVPT has a new website. Although we have a new layout, most of the content on the site is same as on the previous site. The biggest improvement is what will be going on in the background. We now have a service that gives us tools to manage our membership database online and, most importanly, a secure, online dues payment system. In addition to this service, the system allows us to have online registration for our meetings. This will make the registration and payment procedure for our meetings more efficient and most importantly reduce the workload for our treasurer and secretary.
We are hopeful our members will find the new site useful. Although there most certainly will be a learning curve and some snags along the way as we learn use some of the new features, we are hopeful it will allow us to better serve our membership.
Purpose and Objectives of AAVPT
The purpose of the Academy is promotion of the science of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics.
The objectives of the Academy are:
- To support and promote the education and research in comparative pharmacology, clinical veterinary pharmacology and other aspects of pharmacology of interest to the veterinary profession.
- To sponsor a periodical Journal of the Academy which will publish reviews, summaries and original treatises on all aspects of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics. The Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics shall be an official instrument of the Academy.
- To sponsor and conduct workshops, symposia or other scientific and educational meetings in veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics.
- To enhance the exchange of educational materials and ideas among veterinary pharmacologists.
- To organize committees of experts to research and make recommendations to the profession on current problems in veterinary therapeutics.